Bryce, Bryce, Bryce.....what am I going to do with you? You seem to have the worst luck with keeping yourself free of any bodily harm.
First, I remembered
THIS beauty. Look how little you were! And then
THIS was just the best. Why were you always putting stuff in your mouth? And we still deal with
THIS sometimes. You're poor, beautiful eyes full of gunk. More recently was
THIS. That bump was pretty awful. And now we have this.....

I got a call from school at 12 on a Friday afternoon saying that Bryce had been pushed off the top of the playground equipment and had sustained some cuts and bruises but was otherwise fine. Fast forward 3 hours later when I picked him up from school and he walked out cradling his arm and crying. We went straight to the doctor then to get x-rays then out to dinner because we are starved! The doctor called at 6 pm to let us know that both bones are indeed broken but we won't be able to get it casted until Monday.
At first he thought it was really cool to have a cast....then reality set in. Now he holds it up to complete strangers and says "This is a bummer" and walks away.
Yes Bryce. It is a bummer.



I had to put these last pictures in. I think everyone should have a dose of Bryce once in awhile.
4 comments:
Oh no! He does seem to be super cute with it on, though. Builds character? heehee.
When Kai broke his lef I had a "break your leg" party. All his friends came over to sign and it and a kids book at the library about a broken bone etc. It made it not so bad.
Awww! Poor Bryce. That's a sad story.
So sorry this happened to Bryce. Hope he gets it off soon so he can resume swimming and other activities. He is a sweetheart....always has a good attitude.
Looks like Erik's son!!
Post a Comment