Friday, November 26, 2010

The Almost Perfect Thanksgiving

Erik made plans to go to Mexico and climb a mountain with some friends over Thanksgiving. So I have been thinking about our Thanksgiving without Erik for months....trying to figure what to do. Just before Erik left I came to this conclusion: we will do NOTHING! Ahhhh, the perfect Thanksgiving.

We started out our day by sleeping in until 8 am. We were lazy all morning eating cereal, watching cartoons, coloring in pajamas, and not doing dishes. By 11 am we had to get outside. And since we were having the coldest Thanksgiving since 1933 (meaning it was 60 degrees) we wore long pants accordingly.

The problem with getting Transitions lenses is that you can never see the eyes when outside. So I asked Preston to take off his glasses. He does have my eyes!

We had some lunch, played some games, read some books, I finally gave in to their constant nagging about video games and then we ate our Thanksgiving dinner:
Pizza! I don't really care for turkey and the kids don't care for turkey but we do care for pizza. It was a no brainer.

We concluded our Thanksgiving day of nothing by getting in pj's, making kettle corn, and watching a really stupid movie that the kids liked.

I really loved this day. With the boys being in school all day and just running around we don't really get that much time to just hang out and not worry about anything. We got to do that this Thanksgiving. It was almost perfect. But Erik was really missed by all. It put a damper on things but we talked about when he gets home (Sunday!) and how much fun we'll have at Christmas. I've already had a request for a pizza Christmas. Maybe we'll try something different for Christmas...Chinese take-out maybe?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pics!!! sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving. We aren't big on turkey in our house either but we like stuffing and mashed potatoes...so that's pretty much all we ate! Nice starchy and carb filled lunch! As for Christmas, we will probably do chinese take-out again too!!!! It's a great tradition!! LOL!

Trisha said...

So cute. I'm slightly jealous!