Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Big 3

Our little Mak Attack turned 3 on Halloween. She's been talking about her birthday since Bryce's birthday in August. Especially the cake. Being the princess that she is, she wanted a princess cake and being the suckers that we are her wish was granted.

We made pizza, had princess cake, watched Ghostbusters 1 and 2 (her new favorite movies. weird right?), and then opened presents. She was bombarded with princess figurines, princess bubbles, princess polly pocket, princess clothes....are we seeing a pattern here? And we ended the evening with a viewing of her new movie "Beauty and the Beast". I have to admit that I was more excited about the movie than Makayla. I loved this movie as a kid and I still remembered all the lines and much to the dismay to everyone around, I sang all the songs. It was great!


Erik did the cake while I made pizza. He was pretty hard on himself with the look of it but I think it turned out so good!

Makayla, you are definitely our princess. You are kind, giving, temperamental, manipulative, always dancing and singing, prancing instead of walking, and a light in our lives. We love you! Happy Birthday!


1 comment:

Cecilee said...

Happy Birthday to Makayla! Great job on the cake Erik. Looks like you had a fun time, and a LONG party. Did you really watch 3 movies? Wow! She's a cutie!