Thursday, November 18, 2010

We Think We're Pretty Cute

You may have noticed some new pictures on the blog. My sweet friend Trisha has started her own photography blog and she offered to do our family pictures for 2011. Of course I jumped at the opportunity and of course Bryce had to be shoved off playground equipment the day before pictures...oh well. This is our life.

So we met in Mesa and we spent an hour running around trying to get kids to look at the camera, kids to smile for the camera, kids not to make silly faces at the camera, kids to return from La-La Land or wherever their mind has taken them, kids to stop crying, kids to stop pouting, etc.

Fast forward two days later when Trisha calls to tell me that she couldn't find ONE picture of the family without something going on. Like kids making silly faces, kids not looking at the camera, kids pouting...you get the picture. And then when the kids did look good, the adults were messing up the picture.

She apologized repeatedly and offered to do a mini photo session at a park close by. I apologized repeatedly for having a difficult family. We went out a week after our first session and we got more family shots.

We got our pictures the other day and I LOVE these pictures! Even the ones from the first photo shoot were adorable. She got some really great pics of the kids and we got some great family pictures. I'm having a hard time picking which ones I want to get prints of so I'm thinking I might have to get a bunch and just go buy more frames.

Here are a few of our pictures.




Makayla just kept scrunching her face up in almost all the pictures. I don't know why she kept doing it but it was driving me crazy! Just like with the broken arm and Prestons glasses that kept glaring, I had to let it go. This is our family as it is right now. And it's awesome! Thank you for taking such beautiful pictures Trisha! And for dealing with our difficult family! :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Very very cute! Your kids are so big and cute! You look absolutely fabulous seriously so good.

Cecilee said...

You all look great! Very cute pictures. I think everyone is the most critical of themselves.... I didn't even notice the cast or the glasses until you pointed it out. And like you said, these are memories of the way things are right now. btw, you look amazing! Love your outfit, hair, everything. Good job!

Trisha said...

I'm so glad you liked them!