Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Story Of A Girl And Her Would-Be Cat

There once was a girl who didn't have a cat.
She begged and she pleaded but dad would have none of that.
"They're dirty and smelly. They scratch and they claw.
Go over and make friends with the neighbor cat I just saw."
So off she went to pet this cat of which dad had spoken,
but the cat ran off and she was left hurt and heartbroken.
Everyday the naughty little cat would stop by
and everyday the sweet little girl would cry.
Then one day, the little girl had a plan.
"Maybe he'll come to me if I cover my eyes and stay as still as I can."
The cat came by looking for far away attention
and the little girl decided it was time to put her plan to action.

She crept on over trying to be as still as can be,

covering her eyes so the little cat wouldn't see.

She saw her mom standing at the door and got all excited,
for this was as far as she'd ever been invited.

She said,"Mom! Come look! The cat is right here!"
Only to turn around and feel utter despair.

The cat got all huffy with the little girls commotion
thinking "I'll not stick around. What a thought! What a notion!"

The girl was taken back, totally stunned.

She looked at her mom and thought "What have I done?"

This time the little girl didn't cry and go to her mom wailing.
She marched over to the wall and proceeded with screaming and yelling.


She said, "Come down little kitty! Come down right now!
It's easy enough, you know how!"

But that grumpy old cat just sat there that day
thinking "When, oh when will this little girl go away?"

But that little girl would not go away on this day.
Just yelled and yelled, "Come down! Come down I say!"

The little girl finally turned around in defeat,

and walked to her mother with her sad little feet.

She sat and looked on at the cat who sat with such pleasure
and thought "Maybe I'll try one more yell, you know for good measure."

"Look little kitty I've had it with this mess!
Come over here right now and end this distress!"

She pointed out the cat to her mom as he sat on the wall
and proclaimed "Some day I'll pet that cat! Someday I'll show you all!"

Her mother just looked at her smiling and said, "Oh honey."
The little girl said, "Stop laughing mom. It's really not funny."

But this tale hasn't ended, no not in the least.
With this cat coming over looking for a bird feast.

The little girl has plans, you can plan on that.
She definitely has plans for her would-be cat!


Note: We've been reading and watching A LOT of Dr. Suess lately. :)




7 comments:

Sara said...

Fantastic rhyme! And what a funny story!!!

Mary said...

You should make this into a book!! It was awesome:) My Mom has a few cats we could send your way!!

Cecilee said...

This is the CUTEST! I love it. You did an amazing job of all that rhyming. How sweet/sad for Makayla. That darn cat!

Just ask Santa to bring her a cat... then Erik won't have any say in the matter. ;o)

rachaelgreen said...

Awwwwwaahhh haha your so good at it as well haha great pictures

Anonymous said...

Love this post!!

Carrie said...

HAHA!

Hey-- I need your new address if you would like a Christmas card. If not, no worries. I'll just be offended for life.
;)

Trisha said...

Ummm, you're seriously too cute. I've figured out what your "Job" should be..... a writer. You should publish this! I'm not even kidding.