Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vacation Bug

We recently went to Oregon to visit the Bell side of the family. Almost all of my family has moved away from Oregon and everyone was making the effort to get there so we just had to go. I was SO excited! I get to see my family and leave the 115 degree heat and stay for 3 days at a beach house and wear jeans without sweating.

SO excited!

I should know to expect the unexpected. Our awesome vacation was put on hold while the little miss was visited by the vacation bug. You know. Where you plan a getaway and look forward to it for MONTHS and someone gets sick? The throwing up with diarrhea sick?

Yeah. That.

My poor girl was sick for almost the entire time we were there. She so happily passed it to me for a couple days. Sharing the wealth I guess.

She spent 98% of the trip in her pajamas snuggled up to me and watching some movie...preferably a princess movie.


But as with most bugs, the vacation bug left Makayla....the day we got home. Gotta love vacation!

1 comment:

Cecilee said...

Oh! I am so sorry. That is too bad. Those are really cute pictures of her though. She is getting so grown up! I wouldn't have even recognized her. I thought she looked mostly like you, but now I can see some of Erik in her too. She is adorable. What a cute girl!