Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day


Well, it happened. 2/3 of my children are gone to school ALL DAY. They woke up for the first day happy and excited and I even got Bryce to eat breakfast (which is huge!). They carefully picked out their clothes and packed their bags. We walked to school which was a big mistake since it was 90 degrees at 7:30 in the morning.

We arrived. I walked them to their teachers and walked away. Hoping that the unknown staff at this school takes care of these little boys that I love so much. That the other little precious children at this school don't make me hate them by being mean to my boys. That they have fun.



So now that the boys are gone all day, it's just us girls hangin out. It's eerily quiet in the house. Makayla and I kind of look at each other like "Now what?". I've been thinkin about potty training her. I'll get around to it soon. Maybe. Probably. Fine I'll do it. Ugh. I hate potty training!

The next morning:

Me: Boys, time to get up.
Bryce: (rubbing eyes and saying groggily) For what?
Me: Ummmmm, school? (said in a question more because I'm trying to understand the confusion in his voice)
Bryce: AGAIN?! (complete shock on his face)
Me: Oh buddy. This is for probably the next couple decades of your life.
Bryce: (mostly just looking at me like I'm speaking French)
Me: Yes Bryce. Every day.
Bryce: (shoulders slumped) This is just so early.
Me: (sigh) Tell me about it.

2 comments:

Cecilee said...

I Love it! If only they knew what they were truly in for. Hope Bryce is feeling better from his illness. I heard he's been sick....

Chy said...

So funny! It's so hard to let them go, and TRUST everyone to watch over them for you...so hard!