Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Rainbow House

We currently purchased our first home. Yay! But we have been working like dogs to get this house in livable condition. I took this video the day after we closed. Some may like the colors used and there's nothing wrong with that. I will still love you for your faults! :) These colors were picked out by someone who took care to put them up and probably really enjoyed them. We do not enjoy them. It's a matter of personal taste....and bleeding eyeballs. I seriously can't stand to look at these colors. There are different colors everywhere which is where the kids started calling the house "the rainbow house". Bryce cried when we started painting "the rainbow". I actually like rainbows, just not on my walls.

So here's the video. It's kind of grainy due to my little point and shoot camera I took it on but I think you'll get the general idea. Oh, and one more thing. I was kind of rushing this video because I was really freaked out that there would be bugs and spiders and scorpions at every turn. Sorry about that.


Untitled from Rachel Witbeck on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

SUCH potential. I'm so glad you have a house! All that hardwork and it paid off!

Tara said...

It does have awesome potential. I love your liitle girl...1 2 3 cheese...lol. I sure you are loving arizona!! Not a bit of snow there!

Valeni said...

The house looks great. So glad you all are working so hard to make it "yours." I really miss the kids...please hug and kiss them from us!

Cecilee said...

Thanks for the video Rachel! I really wanted to see the house. Now you'll have to do one of the finished product. It looks like a great house! As for the spiders, you just need to hire a total professional sprayer. We had tons of spiders here too when we first moved in. It just takes a little (or a lot) of poison and they'll be under control.

Looks like you had a Merry Christmas. Happy New year!

Valeni said...

Love your blog Rachel...thanks for taking such good care of the family. You guys are great! love and miss you all and hope to see you soon...