Monday, January 11, 2010

The List

We have a lot of things we need to do for this house and this is our checklist:

1. Unpack-check!
2. Paint every single wall in the rainbow house-check!
3. Carpet-check!
4. Install 5 ceiling fans-check!
5. New appliances-check!
6. Organize so we don't have a mess-half check!
7. Paint trim
8. Tile
9. Hardwood floors
10. New countertops
11. New cabinets
12. New furniture in every room (big plans for this one!)
13. Rip out all the left over shrubbery in backyard and buy new
14. Art for walls
15. Potted plants and other filler for the house
16. New bedding on everyone's beds to match the new paint
17. Win the lottery sometime in the very near future

That's about it! Shouldn't be too hard. I'm feeling very optimistic that we can get this house ready in about let's say, oh, in the next 10 years or so!


Maybe I should add "try to convince Erik we need professionals to kill the bugs" in that list somewhere.

7 comments:

Cecilee said...

I hear ya! Once you buy a house there is a never ending "to do" list. You have done a GREAT job so far.

Carrie said...

I LOVE working on "creating" a new home. I am so happy for you!

The Weist Family said...

You will do great! After a year of non-stop remodeling, the best advice we got is to only focus on one room at a time. Otherwise it gets too expensive and overwhelmiing. And finishing a whole room is very gratifying. I love the video you did of the house. It's perfect! (minus the spiders of course)
~Misty

Valeni said...

Can't wait to come see the house. you all have done a lot of work already. So glad yu have plans and ideas to do more.

Valeni said...

Thinking of you all and hope to see more pictures soon. Love and miss you all.

JaMie said...

Hey guys!!! Looks like you bought a new house?! Congrats! Conrad works for a bug company right now while he is applying for med school and if you want any advice on what to buy to kill the bugs let me know... He was just saying "anyone could do this themselves" ha. You have a beautiful fam!!!

Carrie said...

Wierd place to put this.. but felt the need to let you know:)

I realize we have seen each other, like 4 times, but I am grateful to have you in my life. You are fabulous and Erik is so lucky to have you!!