Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dear Preston,

You turned six last week. I've been meaning to do the post about it but I'm having some problems. You see, you're growing up too fast. I've been looking through the family albums and I just forgot how small you used to be. I'm around you everyday and I was so taken back by it. You're growing up. (sigh)

When we first found out we were expecting you, I can't speak for you father but for me I was soooo scared. I mean, married for 8 months and still in school. Also, I grew up the youngest child and had changed maybe one diaper in my life. How was I going to take care of my own child? How do we pay for this? There's a lot of school left for us, how are we going to do this?

Needless to say, we were not expecting you so soon. You were always part of the plan, the timing was just off for us. I later came to realize that it wasn't our timing. Heavenly Father knew when to send you to us so in reality, it was perfect timing.

And you have been and will continue to be such a wonderful, awesome blessing to this family! You are kind, funny, imaginative, smart, a great big brother, and a wonderful son.

There's more. But I'm not into getting too mushy where others can read it. :) But as I was going through all the pictures, I just had to post them on here. You look so different I can hardly believe it. I love you sweet boy. Happy Birthday!

Love,
Mom

(now get ready for picture overload)


After our first night at home.


3 months old with cousin Abigail.


5 months old. Look how cute you are!!!!!!!


6 months.


7 months with cousin Jenna.


8 months. You are the only one of the kids with those big brown eyes....just like mine! :)


10 months.


1 year!


15 months.


18 months.


2 years and getting your first buzz cut.


And then those glasses went on and you grew up overnight. It was amazing how much older you looked in those glasses.


2.5 years with cousin Samuel.


3 years.


4 years with your best friend.

Now I don't have any pictures of when you're 5 because those are on the other computer but I think these will do. More pictures of the birthday festivities coming soon!

1 comment:

Cecilee said...

I enjoyed the trip down memory lane. What a cute boy! I remember all those baby pictures. It is a little sad to see them grow up so fast, but I just try to console myself with all the fun times ahead. Happy Birthday Preston!