Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Not Feeling Blogger(y)

I don't think bloggery is a word but it should be a word because that's how I feel. Honestly, nothing is going on with us. The rainy season of the Pacific Northwest has begun so we are getting lots of rain which means we've been confined for a while. Not to mention that I am car-less since Erik has been taking my car to work while he puts a new exhaust system in his car. Another reason we're confined.

But I'm okay with this. I've been reading lots of books, playing lots of games, and the kids are being incredibly good. Although you'd think with all this time to spend the house would be cleaner but not so much. I think it's worse if that's possible!

We do have some upcoming events that will most likely be blogged about so look out for:

1.) Erik will be saying goodbye to his crazy time in his 20's and saying hello to stability and settling down in his 30's. (if you don't understand that, cause I hardly understand it, he turns 30 soon)

2.) We will be leaving our children for 4 days for the first time EVER and heading to Houston, TX for Dane and Laura's wedding. (Erik's brother for those who don't know) I'm really excited about this and sooo looking forward to finally setting foot on a warm beach. It better be warm dangit!

3.) 7 year anniversary coming up. We can still consider ourselves newlyweds, right?

4.) Mother's day but that's usually forgotten about so I'll just try and block it now. I don't want to go through the whole "but your not my mom" thing with Erik this year. I've learned to pick my battles and some things you just have to let go. (Love you Erik!)

Just know we're here and kickin'... just not blogging.

5 comments:

Valeni said...

So good to hear some news Rachel. I just realized today that Erik will be 30 this month...wow, that seems impossible. We are planning to celebrate both him and Kydon's birthday while we're in Texas so that should be fun.
It's raining here too...has been for the past week, off and on. Trees are coming down and water is flowing off the driveway everyday. Fun!
We went to the temple today with Ashley Weise from our ward. She will be serving in the Portland, OR mission and is super excited. We took her picture holding an umbrella and told her it was a sign of things to come. Hope you get to meet her...she is very cute and sweet and will be a terrific sister missionary.
Kiss the kids for me and hope they can keep busy until the sun shines again. Puzzles, games and books are good, as I'm sure you know. Love you all.

Jeanette said...

Don't let that go! Ok, seriously Erik, gimme a break. She may not be "your Mom" but she's the Mother to your childrens, which DESERVES presents, flowers and a card...and of course send your Mom a card too. ;) I don't know why Mother's Day has to be on a Sunday. It's always so stressful and usually not a relaxing day, trying to get the kids all cute and ready for church. haha And for some reason, it always seems that everything goes wrong that day. Oh well, I love it anyway, because I'm a Mom and deserve at least one day of appreciation a year.:) Oh Happy Early Birthday to Erik. Yeah, the Big 3-0-!!! Now you're really old. And last but not least, that's awesome you guys are leaving your kids. You're so brave. I can't wait for the day we can do that. It'll be fun and so wierd. haha I hear ya with the blogging thing. I'm getting out of my rutt though, so here's an idea I'm sure you've heard of, but I'm going to do it because I need a little push to be a fun Mom. Sometimes I get so tied down with all the chores and "STUFF" that I don't play with my kids. Or I just do to much computer stuff, soooooo I'm making a Rain/Bored Jar. And I'm putting tons of fun things to do in there, and then when the kids say they're bored, or wonder what they can do, they can go to the jar and pick something fun we all have to do. I'm getting my ideas at familyfun.com! I LOVE that website. Anyway, we should push and inspire each other with our blog entries of forts to be built and cookies to be made, etc. Oh well, let the house/chores go, and let's really play with our kids. What do ya think? Maybe it'll get both of us out of our ruts. haha! :) I guess I should've just emailed you, sorry for so long. LOL

Alisha said...

I hate to break it to ya but the beach down in Galveston is just not that great. It's actually kind of gross. But it's a beach none-the-less! Sorry I haven't gotten back to you before now-- I REALLY want to see ya'll when you're here! Email the details & we'll figure something out. I'm assuming you're flying into Houston? Let me know! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

There always has to be rain on my parade... :(

Cecilee said...

I feel the same way about blogging lately. Just not into it....

I am so excited to see you guys at the wedding. It will go fast, but should be a nice break.