Monday, April 6, 2009

Early Morning Visitors

We have had WONDERFUL weather the past few days. I mean absolutely gorgeous. Kids-playing-outside-all-day-they-go-to-sleep-early weather. This morning was just as beautiful and as I was enjoying the beauty that is sunshine with no clouds, I noticed a cat climbing up our fence.

This is not unusual. There are several neighbors with cats and they all kind of roam around and go under our deck, which is not great but not a huge deal. But I sat there thinking "That is one huge, fat cat!".

Then his "friend" walked by.

Nope. Not a cat.

Raccoon.

Now I don't know why this shocked me. I've seen several raccoons in my life but I guess I just didn't expect to see them in my backyard early in the morning. And now I'm freaking out thinking that raccoons are hiding under our deck! I guess we need to spray for bugs and raccoons. :)



3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Holy moly, just be careful, because they are super cute, but can be VERY mean and fiesty. :) What a fun surprise. Are you a morning person?

Anonymous said...

Me a morning person? Not so much! I HATE getting up in the morning! I'm more of a evening/night person. Mornings are not my thing but the kids sure like mornings!

Cecilee said...

Whoa! I would be freaking out too. After all, aren't they big huge rodents? Just make sure you don't leave anything out that they might like to eat. I always hear about how raccoons are dumpster divers.