Family visits!
After several attempts (and fails) to get the Lewis family to our home, a window opened, the heavens smiled down on everyone's schedule and they came! I can't even begin to say how excited the kids were to have their cousins come to visit and I was equally excited to see my sister and her family.
The lawn sprinklers make a nice alternative to a pool or real sprinklers.
These two little girls had a blast being "sisters": disappearing for hours playing with princesses, twirling, dress-up, etc. Doing all things girl without the boys.
Why wouldn't you need a fire when it's 95 degrees? I mean, really. Okay it was insane to make this fire and just added to the already insanely nasty heat but it was needed to make s'mores. I still don't understand why the kids were so close to it. It's not like they were cold or anything.
The rest of the gang.
I also got plenty of shots of this cute little guy. He is adorable and took the cutest pictures. I think he should be a baby model. Something to think about Amy. :)
It seemed like the majority of the time the kids were gathered around the computer.
And here's the first attempt at a cousins picture. Not too bad but let's try again...
Okay, not what I had in mind so let's try once more....
I should've stopped while I was ahead.
I didn't get pictures of the pool day that we had or Samuel's b-day party or my Sunday dinner that turned into a disaster but those were some big highlights of the visit. It was soooooo much fun having everyone here and believe me there were several tears when my kids woke up in the morning and everyone was gone. Thank you for coming Amy and Chuck! We're so grateful you took the time and made the sacrifice (14-16 hour drive!) to come see us. Next time will be our turn to drive but maybe not in the summer. :) We love you guys!
3 comments:
I'm just seeing this...sorry I am so bad about checking out things on computers. The pictures are so cute and I love to hear about your lives. Please keep on....
We had a great time visiting you guys! It is still talked about daily and plans have already been made for our next visit...according to Samuel and Spencer it's this Friday ummm I don't thing so. I'm so glad we were able to FINALLY come and visit it's exactly what I needed! Thanks for having us! Love you guys! Oh and can you send my some of the pictures you took of Cayden? I LOVE them!
Post a Comment