Monday, June 27, 2011

Memorial Day

I keep running behind on all my posts lately...I'm becoming lame again.  :)

I have this thing though.  OCD,  weirdness, call it what you want but I HAVE to post at least twice a month.  June is fast approaching it's end so the OCD/weirdness is in overdrive.  Okay, this is kinda freaks me out because hello...summer just started didn't it?

So waaaaay back in May, our country celebrated Memorial day.  The Witbeck family celebrated a shopping extravaganza, laziness, pizza and kites day.  I highly recommend it.

We had made plans for picnics and more Memorial day-esque activites but our return from our weekend getaway to Sedona the day before was my excuse to call good 'ole Papa John's and pig out on delicious pizza.

Here's the little-big miss just chillin in the Jasmine shades.


Who knew that these little kites took so much concentration. But these two got right into the task and came out triumphant over the parrot kite.

I just like this picture. :)

Preston was having a blast running with the kites.  I have to tell you that the only way these kites would get off the ground and stay off the ground was lots and lots of running.  There was zero wind this day.



I feel like this was an excellent shopping, kite running, pizza eating, lazy day...or Memorial day.  Either one works.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

You folks, Erik's Folks, and . . . me.