Monday, November 9, 2009

T-W-O!

While we had everyone there for Halloween, and it is her birthday, we decided to have Makayla's birthday party. I feel really grateful for my parents and all they did for her birthday. I don't know how I would've got through it without them. My dad had to come up to Portland to get me after spending the morning cleaning up our place and I had been stressing about what to do for Makayla's birthday. I hadn't had any time to get a cake or get food or buy her a present. My mom went out and bought all the food and even made cupcakes. Then my mom and sister-in-law decorated the cupcakes. Makayla had a great birthday because of all the details my parents did and the family who came to help us celebrate. Even the family who couldn't be there made it a great day. Thank you everyone!

Cute cupcakes.


That's Makayla's "please" sign.


Our dancer and her tutu that she has to wear every morning now. So cute!


Her Dora backpack but she actually only cares about Boots.


Her new baby. She LOVES babies. She points them out everywhere and says, "ahhh cute baby!" every time. Although I have to keep this baby away from the boys because the eyes open and shut so they tell me the baby's dead. I try to tell them that the baby is sleeping but they insist the baby is dead. So we just put the baby up when Makayla isn't playing with it.


Her with all her birthday loot. Doesn't she look so big?! I can't get over it.

So here's some little facts about Makayla:

1.) She is so hard headed sometimes. She will want something but won't take it from my hands. You have to put it down, walk away, and don't make eye contact. Then, and only then, will she take whatever it is.

2.) Where did she learn about princesses and dancing? She is all about being a princess and a princess always has to dance when music is on and if there is no music she will sing, like a true princess. Although I don't know if princesses actually sing the Star Wars theme song but we'll just say they do.

3.) She really doesn't have much of an opinion about what she wears but she cares about shoes. "Cute shoes" to be exact.

4.) She should teach a class on how to use crocodile tears and a pouty lip. They work on her dad real good.

5.) She loves her brothers. She will do anything they are doing and smile the whole time. But don't think she's a push over. She fights back if she thinks she is wronged in any way.

6.) Makayla really does have a lot of empathy for people. If someone is crying or sad she hugs them and tries to make them feel better and will sometimes cry with them.

We love you so much Makayla! You are such a sweet, beautiful little girl and we are so blessed to have you as part of our family! Happy Birthday sweet girl!

1 comment:

Cecilee said...

Happy Birthday Makayla! She is getting so grown up. What a cutie!