Sunday, August 16, 2009

4 Years Old

Our little Bryce has turned 4 years old. Where does the time go? I keep looking at pictures of when he was born and it really doesn't seem like that long ago. But I guess that's what every mom says. We had a joint b-day celebration with my sister's daughter Deveny since their birthdays are so close together. It was a princess/pirate birthday party so needless to say, it was awesome!

Here are some pics from the party.


I think this past year we've been spoiled with having my sister Amy do our birthday cakes. But she and her family have unfortunately moved to Texas (bleh), which sucks for more reasons than just cake decorating and I was very worried about what we were going to do for Bryce's pirate cake. We looked in to buying a cake. We love you Bryce but a $40 cake isn't going to work for us. So in the store Erik says "I can do it". So I say "Okay". I mean, there's no way I'm going to be able to make a pirate cake. So Erik stayed up really late the night before we left for a camping trip and made this cake. I think Erik did an awesome job and the boys were soooo excited about it!


Bryce and Deveny opening presents. They really had fun sharing the birthday party.


I love this picture! But I think Deveny is disappointed in her gifts. :)


The birthday boy!

Here's a few things about Bryce:

-His favorite breakfast is either oatmeal, cream of wheat, or bran flakes.
-He loves to help no matter what.
-He's very mischievous.
-Preston is his best friend.
-He could never have too many Transformer or Spiderman toys.
-I think he may have selective hearing disorder.
-He loves "family night".
-He lets you know right away that he will give hugs but no kisses! (and he doesn't want to be on the receiving end of those kisses either!)
-He falls asleep at the dinner table all the time.

Oh Bryce! You keep me on my toes constantly and I wouldn't have it any other way! You bring so much joy and a great spirit into our home. I love you sooo much my little Bryce! And even though you're getting older and you're not so much into kisses, I get to squeeze those little cheeks and kiss them because I'm your mom and I love you too much not to! Happy Birthday!





1 comment:

Valeni said...

That was so fun to see Bryce's birthday pictures and to read the things you wrote abut him Rachel. He is a darling little boy and so special and unique in his personality. We love him lots and can't wait to see you all again.