Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thinking Outside The Box


I came down the stairs the other morning to see these pillows piled up.

What the heck?

I did some investigating (looking in the living room) and found Bryce holding a cupcake with a look on his face that said "What?". I had made some cupcakes and put them up on the microwave so the boys couldn't reach them. I didn't factor in that when Bryce is hungry, Bryce is HUNGRY! No cupcake can stand a chance!

He proceeded to tell me that "Dad said I could have a cupcake when you got up". I'm told by Erik that was not the truth.

I almost wanted to let him eat the cupcake because of how smart he was. Usually kids would just get a chair but our chairs are so heavy that he couldn't possibly have dragged a chair over there. So the couch cushions made the next best solution.

The kids are getting smarter than me every day.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Man, what a smartie! You are such a mean mom for taking the cupcake away! :)

Valeni said...

Hope that spring isn't far away so you can all get outside. I know it's hard to stay busy and happy everyday. Hope the play group is still something you can do....I always like to have something to look forward to everyday. Makes snapping those pants worth the trouble!