Friday, March 6, 2009

Books

Ever since the Twilight series came out, I've been reading like crazy! I used to read a lot as a kid but somewhere along the way, I stopped. I'm not sure why. Some of it has to do with how picky I can be. If it's not entertaining to me pretty quick, I won't finish it.

Well, now I'm back to reading. But I have a problem. I'm at a loss for books. I go online trying to see what others are reading who also like the Twilight books. The only problem I have come into is that all these people read vampire books. I've read all I can about vampires. I'm needing to branch out.

This is where you all come in. I need ideas. If you've heard of The Hunger Games, this is the kind of book I LOVE! Although, I'm not limited to these types...I'm just looking for a good story. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

camille said...

A Civil Action is a kind of long book, but I couldn't put it down! I think the back jacket calls it a "legal thriller" which doesn't really sound that thrilling, but it is a great story and it's actually true!

Mary said...

I am the same way and have reread the twilight series too many times that I am embarrassed to say:) (I did get to see the movie with your Mom though!) But I read the Great and the Terrible series by Chris Stewart (still waiting for the library to get the last book) they are interesting. After too many times of Twilight I got stuck on Pride and Prejudice. I think I read those several times in about a month!!

Cecilee said...

I am always looking for a good book too. Lindsey Leavitt is doing YA book reviews on her blog. Some of them sound pretty good. You might check it out.

By the way, CUTE CUTE blog background. If you ever get really bored and want to help me with mine I would love it.

Valeni said...

It's so good to read so glad you are in to it right now. Of course children's books that you can read to the kids are always a good idea. There are so many good ones out there. I also like the historical fiction that is popular these days. have you read "Rumors of War" about the family in SLC that has a brother go on a mission to Germany, a sister with several different opportunities for romance, a brother that becomes a prisoner of war, and more? It's set in the 40's and is a really good story I thought. I also want to read the Work and the Glory again, since it's been 10 years since I read it. There's others I'm wanting to read to, so will tell you about them if I can get it done.

Carrie said...

you need to get onto goodreads.com. I'm gonna invite you as my friend:)