Well I guess if we were going to have our first set of stitches it was to gonna be Makayla who hasn't had a broken bone or anything yet. The poor little miss went to a friends house to play and as I chatted with my friend Brandy, we heard a blood curdling scream. We rushed in and Makayla was coming toward me with her hand covering her head. I didn't see any blood, just thought it was going to be a good sized goose egg. Brandy noticed the blood first and rushed her over to me and that's when I saw the damage.
From what I could gather from two 4 year olds was that Makayla and her friend Izy were crawling on the ground and Makayla got up to run and didn't realize she was right by the edge of the granite countertops. She got the edge dead on. Oh boy. I'm a little bit glad I wasn't in the room to witness the impact. Blood was dripping down her face, all over the floor, and down her clothes. Brandy gave me a towel and I picked her up and went to the ER.
Now I have to mention that Brandy, my dear sweet friend, does not like blood. She hates it in fact. But she was so, so sweet and offered to go with me to the ER. But instead she rallied the troops and got people to pick up the boys from school and take care of them until we got home. Then brought Makayla a chocolate shake from In 'N Out and me a hug when it was all over. Love ya Brandy! :)
So Makayla got 2 stitches inside the deep gash and was sealed with derma bond. I don't ever want to go through that again and I'm sure that Makayla doesn't want to either. :) We then went to McDonald's and got a happy meal, I got a 44 oz Coke at Circle K to calm the nerves, and some Tide Boost to get the blood out of the new clothes I had just got her. FYI: the Tide Boost totally worked!
When we first got into the ER. Poor kid. :(
Gotta love that the hospital has the free movie channel. "Tangled" saved the day!
Afterwards with the head glue. I think we'll all be okay!
(All photos taken with my dumb cell phone that I hate.)



1 comment:
Aww... poor Makayla! Good thing you could document the whole ordeal to remember. I hope she is ok now. Maddie just banged her head on our granite countertop yesterday but luckily there was no blood. Just the goose egg.
Post a Comment