Thursday, May 10, 2012

Meet Jackie

See Jackie.



See Jackie sniff...



...and sniff.



See Makayla hide.



See Jackie lay down.




See her eat everything she shouldn't.



And see Makayla scurry on to the table to get away from Jackie when she comes inside.



The End.



I really never thought we'd get a dog.  Seriously.  I had dogs growing up and I loved them so much!  But Erik didn't and was very against having a dog.  Well we have kids and all of those kids wanted a dog.  Well, maybe Makayla wanted a cat but that was definitely not going to happen.  For the past year all we've heard is that we are the ONLY family without a dog.  And we've been informed several times that fish DO NOT count as real pets.

Well Erik started talking to friends and co-workers and decided that if the kids wanted a dog they could get one.  We went to PetSmart on dog adoption day (different rescue agencies bring in dogs to be adopted) and we walked around with a dog that Erik was very against.  But then Jackie came in the store. A 4 month old lab/german shepherd.  We walked around with her for awhile then went over to Chik-fi-la to have a family meeting about Jackie.

Almost 2 hours later and a lot of weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth,  we walked out of Chik-fi-la with the intent to get a Jackie.  Another 2 hours later we were home with her and Makayla was crying on top of the kitchen table and I started having several panic attacks.  Fortunately, things have smoothed out and we are getting to love this little girl.  

Now if we could just get Makayla off the kitchen table.....

4 comments:

Valeni said...

Hope things are going well with her...sounds like she is getting trained and is a very nice dog. Makayla will likely learn to take charge of her. Should be fun for all of oyu to have a dog to play with and to teach. Love and miss you all!

Cecilee said...

Glad your children don't have to be so deprived anymore! ...and hope you are all getting used to one another. She does look super cute.

Carrie said...

Man...If I knew you were open to getting a dog I would have sent your ours :) heehee.

JaMie said...

Oh man!! I just got your comment saying you guys are in Gilbert!!! Call me! Let's get together!

269 492 2318