Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Washed Away




On November 19, 2011, Preston was baptized.  I've been trying to write this post for the past few weeks but I can't seem to get my thoughts in order.  Do I say how much we talked about baptism this past year?  How excited Preston was to get baptized?  Or maybe how hectic the morning of the baptism was?  Maybe how he ran down the hall when it was his turn?  How he said he just wanted his sins washed away?  How awesome and surreal and wonderful it was to watch my first child walk into the water and be baptized by his father?  How I felt the spirit so strong while I was saying a few words that I could hardly get through anything?  Or maybe how Bryce couldn't really handle not being the center of attention so he made a point to interrupt and talk as much as possible?  Or maybe while at lunch Preston told me how it was "kinda weird" that I had been crying?

How about it all!  Needless to say it was a very special day that was made perfect by Preston choosing his favorite restaurant for lunch, In-N-Out, and chocolate cake that has been now given the name "Baptism Cake".

Preston, you are a extraordinary boy who is becoming an extraordinary young man.  I'm so excited to watch you grow and learn and be the great example you are to your brother and sister.  I'm so proud of your decision to be baptized and how seriously you have taken it.  We love you so much!

5 comments:

Hayley said...

he looks so big!

has it really been 8 years? wow.

awesome.

Amy said...

So cute! It's crazy to to think our kids are getting baptized. Haylee is not until September but man they grow to fast.

Cecilee said...

Awesome! I have been waiting for this post. I was wondering how it all went, and now I know! Congratulations to Preston (and you and Erik). Good job!

Carrie said...

What a great moment! It was so so special when Brianna was baptized, so I can totally understand your joy. And I am jealous that you have an in-n-out. and chocolate cake. because now I am craving some.

Valeni said...

Rachel, I'm just seeing this! What wonderful pictures and so nice to hear all the details of Preston's baptism. We had talked a little...but I didn't know all that you had written. Thanks for sharing...and so happy for Preston to be baptized!