Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm A Big Kid Now

Makayla has never had a real haircut. She was hair challenged for awhile with her mullet and I trimmed her hair for a time. But I am definitely not someone you want hacking away at any person's hair be they grown up humans or tiny humans. So while my parents were here, I bit the bullet and took her to get a haircut.

Here she is showin some moves the night before her cut.



Here are a couple pics taken with my phone. She sat there so nicely and didn't complain at all. I have trained her well.


And here is the final product:

I swear she skipped 3 years old and went straight to 4! And she loves it. Tells everyone she got a haircut just like a Princess. I didn't want to tell her a princess usually has long hair but it was either that or she said it was like a boy. And to go along with the new "Big kid/Princess" haircut, and despite her best efforts, I got the girl potty trained! We now have no diapers in the house. This is a new and strange territory for us but somehow I think we'll survive. :)


4 comments:

Lisa said...

She is such a cute little girl. I love her haircut, but I love her smile even more :)

Carrie said...

SO CUTE!

Cecilee said...

Rachel, she is DARLING! ...and I'm not just saying that cause we're related. What a sweetheart. I feel so bad that we haven't seen you guys in forever. I'm looking forward to getting to know the kids this summer. And potty trained too??!! You mention that like it was nothing. I hope Maddie is easy. We deserve an easy one after what we've been through. ha ha

Valeni said...

I'm just seeing these pictures and they sure are cute. She does look like a big girl now. I'm glad you got those little pigtails in your last pictures though, because they were darling too and will be missed. She has the cutest smile...thanks so much for posting!