I love birthdays. It is the one day of the year that is just for that person and I think it should be spent trying to make that one person feel special. I try really hard to make sure that at the end of their birthday day, my kids (and Erik) know how extremely happy I am that they are a part of my family. That I am truly grateful for their birthday.
So here we are at Preston's seventh birthday. One of the things that Preston loves is playing the Wii. He was given unlimited access to the Wii for his day and believe me he used it to his advantage. He also requested hot dogs for dinner and a Superman cake. Done and done.

Birthday dinner.

Just to show Preston was there :)



This cake was by far the most challenging for Erik and myself. But I guess that's kind of weird to say since it's only the second one we've done....but still! We had so many issues with the fondant this time I was ready to throw in the towel. But we got through it and even with Makyala's lovely fingernail artwork on the side, we're pretty proud of it and it was delicious! Chocolate cake, marshmallow fondant, and the BEST homemade butter cream frosting. I don't even like cake and I liked this cake!

See!? Yum!

Everyone agreed.
Happy birthday to my Preston! I hope you know just how grateful I am that you are a part of this family and that we get to celebrate your day!
3 comments:
The cake turned out great! I love it!
yes. totally impressed with the cake. happy birthday preston!
I can't believe he's 7! That just sounds so old! He looks so cute and grown up. Good job on the cake! It looks delicious. I am impressed. I would love to learn about your recipe for the frosting and fondant.
Post a Comment