Monday, April 12, 2010

Just Ignore Them

I feel bad for Makayla some days. She is bombarded with boy stuff all the time. Lightsabers, cars, Transformers, Spiderman, etc. She puts on her princess attire and the little men run screaming in the other direction.

Sometimes it's a game to her.

Sometimes it hurts her.

So she and I have a date everyday to be girlie. We dress up, dance around and watch a princess movie. Right now, The Little Mermaid is her favorite but Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella are near and dear to her heart.

We love it!

But there is still a problem.

Boys.

They hear the word "princess" and they avoid us like the plague.

Or do they?

Here is Bryce just passing through to grab a toy. Uh-huh.

What I love is when boys pretend to not watch the princess movie. I'll look out of the corner of my eye and see one of them peeking around the corner and the other peeking over the couch. If asked if they would like to come and join us, the vehemently deny watching said princess movie and run off.


Untitled from Rachel Witbeck on Vimeo.


Now we just ignore them when watching the princess collection...unless it's just too tempting to raz them about it. They are too easy to tease sometimes!

I love it!

Here's another video of Makayla loving her movie and in this case Bryce is actually hating it!

Untitled from Rachel Witbeck on Vimeo.

7 comments:

Corley said...

hilarious!!!! I especially love Eric in the background saying " look at how big those girl's butts are!" Reminds me of being a teenager!!:) You're kids are great!

Carrie said...

this is so so funny. i am really lucky because kai doesn't mind watching princess movies at all. i think that it is because they always have a villian in it;)

The Weist Family said...

Your cute kids make me laugh. My SIL's family is moving to Scottsdale this week so sometime this year we are going to come visit!!! Can't wait to see you all!

~Misty

Cecilee said...

Awww... The kids are getting so cute and big. Can't believe it. I totally think Bryce is looking like Erik when he was little.

Amy said...

That is so funny! So far we don't have to much trouble over the movies, they just go around saying they hate pink and princess stuff.

Does Disney have The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast locked up in some vault somewhere so I can't buy them? I would love to have those but I'm thinking I will have to wait until they come back out on DVD.

Adam L. said...

That was awesome. I laughed so hard - both of the boys were totally busted. I also got a kick out of Erik's cameo and comment about the girls' big butts. Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. You gotta love Erik's comments!