So here are a few pictures of our weekend in Houston/Galveston, TX.
Erik's parent's rented a beach house in Galveston that was really nice. If you've heard about Galveston, you know that it's been wiped out by hurricanes in the past. Walking to the beach and around the area, it's really sad. People are still trying to rebuild from last year's hurricanes. While walking to the beach, there were several people working on different houses and big diggers and other machinery just on the beach.
We had a good southern fish fry for the rehearsal dinner at the beach house. Here's Terry working on the fried goodies. It really did turn out soooo good!
The groomsmen at the ring ceremony.
Laura and Dane. Isn't she gorgeous! Every picture of her turned out beautiful. It was such a great ring ceremony...and really HOT!
The Witbeck Family. I felt like Erik and I were posing for a prom picture.
I like this one....
The food at the reception was a hit!
Josiah and I waiting for some CAKE! It was gooood cake!
After a lifetime of living on the west coast and going to Oregon beaches, I have never set foot on a beach with warm water. I was shocked! I literally tensed my body waiting for the coldness to hit me when the water was coming up around my feet. It was warm! It was heaven! Some were saying that it was a little bit chilly still. They don't know chilly until they've set there foot in the water over here. That experience alone made the trip worth it!
The food at the reception was a hit!
Josiah and I waiting for some CAKE! It was gooood cake!
After a lifetime of living on the west coast and going to Oregon beaches, I have never set foot on a beach with warm water. I was shocked! I literally tensed my body waiting for the coldness to hit me when the water was coming up around my feet. It was warm! It was heaven! Some were saying that it was a little bit chilly still. They don't know chilly until they've set there foot in the water over here. That experience alone made the trip worth it!It was great trip and we loved seeing all the family! Congratulations to the happy couple! Welcome to the family Laura!
3 comments:
Your pictures turned out so good! Mine weren't near as good. I'm always disappointed when I get home and look at pictures and find that most of them aren't so great... Anyway, it was great to see you and I'm glad you had fun without the kiddos. How did they do while you were gone?
Rachel, I really enjoy your blogs and this one is no different. So glad you and Erik had a good time.
Terry
Love your pictures! Thanks so much for writing your blog. it is always fun to read!
Post a Comment