Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentinesy Day

We don't do much for the big V-day. I honestly can't remember the last gifts that Erik and I gave each other on Valentine's day. I know that he bought my engagement ring on Valentine's day in 2002 but I didn't receive it until 3 days later. I think he got me roses one time but that could've been for something else....and I can't think of anything I've given him for Valentine's day.

My point is, we just don't get into February 14th. There's nothing really against it (besides the fact that you should show your love for people EVERYDAY and not just one specific day, but hey to each their own!) we just don't get caught up in it. Never have.

So this is about as valentinesy as we get around here:

The socks. Thanks Mom!


Chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and red sprinkles. Yum! Now I can't complain with any holiday that urges the consumption of sweets and by golly, we're gonna eat sweets!


Can you tell which ones the boys did and which ones I did? (Erik didn't contribute to these pictured as he ate all the ones he was to decorate.)


And just as a side note: Whoever thought of putting carpet in the dining area must never have had children. I seriously vacuum 2 or more times a day. And the upholstered chairs! They really need to be re-done. I'm thinking just cover everything in plastic until they all are of age to get jobs and pay for their damage.

So that's Valentines Day for us. I love my family!

4 comments:

Valeni said...

Those cupcakes look great and I would be like Erik and eat a lot of them too, if I was there. Good job on making something cute and good for Valentine's Day.

Jessie said...

We don't do much for the Big V-day either! We use to but kids have come along and have CHANGED things!!:)

On the plus side about carpet if you have hardwood like us you would be constantly freaking out everytime your child pushed cars or banged some sort of toy on the floor!!

Cecilee said...

I am so sorry about Makayla and being sick! Yikes. That sounds scary. I am so glad she is better. Looks like you had a nice holiday too. You celebrated the most important part - eating sweets. Good job.

Alisha said...

We really don't celebrate either. I know I might totally offend some people by saying this but... it's like a no brainer to get your wife/girlfriend flowers on V-day. I mean seriously. That's not romantic when people are telling you you have to do it! I'd rather get them on a random day just because. But I do like V-Day as a "family holiday" to talk about love, eat junk food, & have another reason to have a party!

2nd thing I wanted to say-- how do you change it from saying "comments" to something else? Like yours says "lovin the fam"

3rd thing-- are you still coming to Houston sometime? You have to let me know so we can get together!