Monday, June 8, 2009

The Strawberry Festival

This past weekend my brother and sister-in-law were in town so we decided to spend the weekend in Albany with the family. It also happened to be the time of year for the Strawberry Festival. Now, the Strawberry Festival is interesting. It's held in town not far from Albany but it has it's share of crazies. Like real crazies. I was grateful for the clouds overhead since it would be too cold to wear tube tops and wife beaters and beer bellies. But I still kept my camera handy....just in case.

We decided to not to go to the actual festival but just to the parade and they have a 5k. My brother Jared and his wife Camille were running in it and Erik decided to go for it as well.
Here's Erik starting off.


And coming back.


He even gave us a thumbs up.


My brother Jared and sister-in-law Camille. She completed her goal of not stopping and not throwing up. Good Job!


And wouldn't you know it, Erik got third place in his age group! Great Job Erik!


My sister Heather and her daughter Deveny with Bryce. Waiting for CANDY!


The little miss needed a nap.


Now, I don't know why this guy was dressed like this or what was really going on but I thought I'd throw it in there for fun!

6 comments:

Valeni said...

It sounds like you had a fun day and Congratulations Erik, for placing in the running part! That is awesome that you are up to being one of the fastest...it takes a lot of work to train and obviously you are doing it. I hope the kids will remember going and being with the family. Jared and Camille are awesome too, for participating. When it comes to running, anyone who dies it at all is a winner in my opinion.

eartohear said...

I really like this guy doing the race. Its fun when people dress up; and makes me laugh!

Amy said...

That last picture is HILARIOUS! Only in Lebanon!

Steph said...

Great job Eric. That's great for jumping in at the last second,or for preparing for weeks! Looks like a good time and I always love the pictures of when the kids need a nap because if you have kids, you know that face :)

Jeanette said...

Wow, looks like good times over there. Don't you LOVE that small town feeling of being surrounded by people that just aren't quite right. haha! I love that picture. And that's awesome that Erik "just decided to go along for the run" and place. If only we were all in that good of shape. haha! I can't wait to start working out, this broken ankle thing is making me go crazy. I didn't even know that your town was known for strawberries. hmmm? Cool! As always, I love your posts.

Cecilee said...

What? No 1st place finish Erik? J/K! I am not surprised. Erik has always been a great runner.

Looks like you guys had fun. Hope you are enjoying the summer.